We were recently asked to help contribute to a report commissioned by ITR events.
The question simply said “What interesting developments do you see happening in 2016 in regards to events, trade shows and conferences.?”
Of the 51 responses, here’s a condensed summary of the common themes:
- In general, most expected 2016 to be a positive year for the industry.
- Events need to offer effective interaction with the audience with experiential and immersive experiences featuring more and more
- Increasing use of technology, including Virtual Reality at Exhibitions and Holograms
- Innovative ways to stage an “event” including better and better online meetings / webinars
- Events with great content that engages with the needs of the delegates will be the survivors
- Development of apps such as Periscope to allow events to be streamed without the high price tag
- Personalised events that allow for free time
- Security will be a concern and measures to guard against risk
- Pre and post event engagement using social media to give long lasting impact
- More employee engagement events
What themes are missing? Respond via #2016eventtrends