Features to enhance our websites accessibility
These features have been provided to help make our site as accessible as possible to as many people as possible
- All text should be resizable using your browser's text-resize option
- HTML heading elements have been used to represent page structure, supporting assistive technologies that allow page navigation from heading to heading
- All hyperlinks should make sense when read out of context and hyperlinks will change when moused over
- All images have been given appropriate alternative text
- The site has been tested to ensure that it is accessible in a wide range of browsers
- Keyboard shortcuts are no longer provided for site pages, given the likely problems they may cause though conflicting with keyboard shortcuts used for other programs (e.g. browsers, screen readers). If this causes you a problem, please let us know!
- Cascading Style Sheets have been used to control the presentation of pages and properly structured markup has been used for content
- If stylesheets are not supported or are turned off, information on the site can still be accessed and read
- Relative font sizes are used, which allows users to resize text as needed
This is the technical bit... you can ignore it unless you're really keen to know more.
- All HTML should validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional using the W3C markup validator
- All stylesheets should validate using W3C CSS validator
- All pages should comply with our interpretation of all relevant priority 1,2 and 3 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, with the following exceptions:
- Regarding Checkpoint 11.1, we consider XHTML 1.0 Transitional to be acceptable as a 'latest version' of a W3C technology
- Regarding Checkpoint 14.2, the nature of our site is that it's mainly textual content, and thus we don't have many instances of graphical content to supplement our text. We will, though, make sure that wherever we can support our textual content with graphical content we will do so if it helps understanding.
We've done our best to ensure this site is as accessible as possible, but it can happen that accessibility problems do arise despite our best efforts. If you do find any accessibility barriers that affect or prevent your use and enjoyment of the site, please let us know and we'll do our best to address the problem as soon as possible.
Telephone: 01904 540920
Tailormade Conference Management Ltd
4 Forest Business Park